These veggie skewers are not only colorful and festive looking, but equally tasty and perfect for a vegan BBQ. The key to creating these little beauties is cutting the vegetable evenly into small 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces so that they match up well and cook evenly. The herb marinade and the balsamic reduction drizzle at the end give these skewers a lot of flavor.
- 2 red onions
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Bamboo skewers
Balsamic vinegar reduction to drizzle on top (optional)
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 minutes
- Heat the grill
- Cut the vegetables into small 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces. To cut the red onion, cut in half and then cut each half into sixths. Cut the zucchinis into ¼ inch rounds. Cut the peppers into small squares.
- Drizzle oil on the cut veggies and sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Carefully skewer the pieces of vegetables onto the stick; alternating each vegetable to create a balanced and beautiful skewer.
- Place the skewers on the grill for approximately 20 minutes; flipping the skewer halfway to prevent overcooking.
- While the skewers are grilling, prepare the marinade by combining all chopped herbs, garlic, and oil in a bowl.
- Once the vegetables are soft and cooked through, remove and brush each one with the marinade.
- Plate and drizzle with some balsamic vinegar reduction.