This recipe is my vegan and gluten-free version of the classic macaroni salad; tastes so good that no one will even notice the modification. There are many brands of gluten-free pasta out there but my favorite for this recipe is the Tinkyada brand elbow macaroni; the texture is perfect for this recipe.
- 1 box or bag of brown rice/gluten-free elbow macaroni (Tinkyada or Jovial brands); cooked and drained.
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- ½ cup of chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup of organic corn (fresh if you can, if not frozen organic is fine)
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup of vegan mayo (favorite brand is Follow Your Heart)
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Cook the pasta according to the package, drain and transfer to a large bowl
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon, mayonnaise and mustard together.
- Add the celery, shredded carrot, pickle relish, chopped dill, chopped parsley, corn, salt and better to the pasta.
- Mix the mayo mixture into the pasta until well blended.
- Adjust herbs, seasonings, mayo, and relish accordingly.
I like to let this sit for an hour or more before serving. If you refrigerate it – let it sit on the counter to room temperature.