These buffalo cauliflower wings are the bomb and just as crunchy, savory, spicy and delicious as their unhealthy replacement. I am all for enjoying life and moderation but chicken wings are almost all skin and fat and then fried… they are not good for you. Sorry to rain on your parade if you are a chicken wing enthusiast but I am here to give you a tasty and healthy alternative. I hope you will give these a try and let me know how they came out! My favorite brand of hot sauce is the Primal Kitchen No Dairy Buffalo Sauce. It’s made with cashew butter and makes this dish a little extra special. If you can’t find this specific brand, you can use any Buffalo sauce; just make sure it’s vegan (Frank’s is a good option and easy to find in most grocery stores).
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or any non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Buffalo sauce
- 2 Cups of crushed tortilla chips (I like corn tortilla chips but if you want to go super healthy, you can use Siete grain-free chips)
- 1 cup of gluten free flour (I like Bob’s all-purpose gluten free flour)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- Extra hot sauce
- Vegan Ranch (Favorite brand is Follow You Heart)
- Wash cauliflower and then break into similar sized pieces (as best you can).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond milk, vinegar and buffalo sauce
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, sea salt, garlic powder and corn starch together.
- In a separate bowl, place the crushed tortilla chips. These should be small/coarse crumbs. You can use a food processor or blender…but I usually take a rolling pin and roll it over the bag and it usually gets the job done as well.
- Place a few pieces of cauliflower into the flour mixture. Make sure they are well covered in flour. Shake excess flour off and then place the cauliflower pieces in the milk mixture and then transfer to the crushed chip bowl and coat well.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of cauliflower.
- Place each coated “wing” on a cookie tray. I like to use parchment paper instead of using a non-stick spray on the cookie tin, but if you don’t have that, the spray is a good alternative.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Pull the tray out of the oven and flip the wings over. Bake another 10 minutes. Pull the tray out of the oven again and flip the wings back over. Brush some of the Buffalo Hot Sauce on top of each wing using a pastry brush. Coat well with sauce and then return the wings to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until they look crispy and golden.
- I like to plate the wings on a serving platter drizzled with vegan ranch dressing for a pretty presentation. Serve with extra ranch on the side.