This is a healthier version of a childhood favorite and I honestly think it tastes better than a traditional marshmallow and butter version. My kids love these so much and they are so easy to make. This recipe is straight out of Alicia Silverstone’s “The Kind Diet”; which is a great read for anyone interested in eating more plant-based. She gives a lot of great ideas and recipes.
- 1 box brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 jar of brown rice syrup
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter (I like to use a mix of creamy and crunchy – Maranatha Brand is my favorite).
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- In a small sauce pan, heat the brown rice syrup and the peanut butter until warm and well mixed.
- Pour the rice crisps into a large bowl. Once the peanut butter and brown rice syrup is melted, pour over the cereal and mix until well blended. Wait a few minutes to cool off before adding in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cereal mix into a baking dish and press – I usually use a piece of parchment paper to press mixture down into the pan. Let cool and cut!