I love potato salad but if I am serving macaroni salad at my vegan BBQ, I feel like the flavors are a bit redundant. This lemon parsley pesto gives roasted potatoes a vibrant color and flavor and pairs nicely with the rest of this vegan BBQ spread. I prefer to cook my potatoes in the air fryer, but you can get a similar result by cooking the potatoes in the oven at 425 degrees.
- 2 ½ pounds of small yellow potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 large bunch of Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Wash the potatoes and then pat dry with a kitchen towel
- Cut the potatoes in half
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl and toss with olive oil and sea salt
- Place the potatoes in an air fryer and cook until tender and golden brown; opening the fryer every 10 minutes to shake and toss so the potatoes get evenly browned.
- Alternatively, you can roast the potatoes in an oven at 425 degrees until tender and browned.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the pesto.
- Place all the pesto ingredients into a blender. Using a spatula, gently scrape the sides of the blender to incorporate all ingredients evenly.
- Once the pesto is complete and the potatoes are cooked, toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the pesto.
- Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!