Making your own almond ricotta is ridiculously easy and so rewarding; it tastes like heaven! I add this to pasta dishes, salads, and desserts. This ricotta makes a great crepe stuffing with some fruit and agave or just simply served with some fruit and berries on top. It’s so delicious and goes well with just about everything in place of cream cheese, ricotta, and cottage cheese. Trust me.. you have got to try it for yourself, and like me, you will be finding every excuse to add it to everything you eat. You will need a blender for this recipe.
- 8 ounces of blanched almonds; soaked for one hour or overnight.
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- Soak the almonds in water for at least one hour.
- Drain the almonds and rinse. Then add to a blender.
- Add the salt, lemon juice and ¼ cup of water
- Blend until smooth. This will be a bit of a process of stopping to scrape the sides and adding more water to make it creamy. You want to make sure not to add too much water because you want the consistency to be thick and smooth.
- Blend until it is creamy and there are not chunks or pieces of almond remaining. This should be smooth like real ricotta.