I love cornbread and it usually has a spot on our Thanksgiving table. You can also use this cornbread and make bread cubes for stuffing. I also make this cornbread to serve with my chili recipe. It is very versatile and easy to make. Even easier to eat!! It is delicious!
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of yellow corn meal
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter (not hot though – just slightly melted)
- 2 vegan eggs (Bob’s Red Mill 2 tablespoons for egg replacer with 4 tablespoons of water – mixed together and let sit for 5-10 minutes). You can also use ground flax for an egg replacer if you can’t find Bob’s Red Mill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add in the almond milk, the melted vegan butter and the egg replacer.
- Mix well and then pour batter into a square 8 by 8 pan (lightly oiled) and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes – or until lightly golden on top and firm.
- If you make this ahead of time, I suggest warming it up before serving.