- 6-7 Large Honey Crisp, Sugar Bee or Fuji apples
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- Peel the apples and then cut them in half. Remove the cores and then slice the apples into thin ¼ inch slices. Place the apples in a large bowl
- Sprinkle the apples with the sugar, spices and cornstarch; making sure the apples are well coated.
- Transfer apples to a small buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle small pieces of the vegan butter on top.
- Sprinkle the nut crust topping over the apples and butter. If you are local to San Diego, Ruffled Apron Foods makes an amazing Almond Nut Dust that I use frequently instead of making my own topping. Or you can make my recipe for the topping which is below.
Nut Crust Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of melted vegan butter (I like Miyoko’s brand)
- 1/2 cup of raw pecans
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until the topping is well mixed but coarse.
- Bake the apple cobbler in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the apples feel soft and the topping is nice and crisp. If you make this ahead of time, warm it up before serving and top with some vegan vanilla ice cream.