It took a few failed attempts to finally settle on the perfect recipe for this vegan & grain-free brownie but they were worth the wait and effort. These brownies will blow your mind; the fact that they are vegan & grain-free are just a big bonus! This recipe is super easy and can be made in one large bowl to cut down on clean up!
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 4 vegan eggs (I used Bob’s Red Mill. Flax egg works too)
- 1 cup avocado oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon salt. I like mine salty – but start with 1 teaspoon and then taste before adding
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl. I use a hand mixer and beat for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and gentle stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased brownie pan
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes; until the center is springy and the edges look cooked.