This herbed cheese will remind you of the Boursin spreadable cheese and is the recipe I use for my tea sandwiches. It is an awesome addition to any vegan cheese and cracker platter as well.
- 1 cup of raw cashews; soaked in water for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- 4 tablespoons of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped herbs. I like a mix of chives, parsley and thyme.
- Soak the cashews in room temperature water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews before transferring to a blender.
- Add the almond milk, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and blend until very smooth and creamy. You will have to stop the blender from time to time to scrape the sides and get everything evenly blended and creamy.
- Transfer the cheese to a bowl and add the chopped herbs a little at a time; adding until you reach your desired level of herb to cheese flavor. You can always add more but once you’ve added, you can’t subtract, so I always suggest going slow until you get the flavor you are looking for.
- Refrigerate immediately, for at least a few hours or longer, to cool and firm up the cheese.