This is a vegan version of the classic spinach and artichoke dip and is just as good. I like to serve this with cut-up veggie sticks, but this would be equally good with some tortilla chips.
- 1 12-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach; thawed
- 2 14-ounce canned artichoke hearts; drained & chopped
- 8 ounces of vegan cream cheese (favorite brand for this is Kite Hill)
- ½ cup vegan sour cream (favorite brand is Forager)
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (favorite brand is Follow Your Heart Vegenaise)
- ½ cup shredded vegan parmesan (favorite brand is Follow Your Heart)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced green onion
The key to making this spinach dip is to make sure you squeeze out all excess water from the frozen spinach before mixing it to the other ingredients. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended. Serve immediately or refrigerate.