- 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 cup of toast & chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- salt & pepper
- Optional: coconut bacon and or pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven at 425 degrees
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil and then arrange them onto a cookie tin; arranging them face down. Cook for about 15 minutes until they start to get a little browned.
- While the Brussels are roasting, heat the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup until it becomes thickened..making a balsamic reduction.
- Take the Brussels sprouts out of the oven and toss with ½ of the balsamic reduction. Put back onto the cookie tin and continue baking until they are soft on the inside and browned/crispy on the outside. About 15 more minutes.
- Take them out and put them back in the bowl and toss with the remaining balsamic reduction. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with pecans & cranberries.
- Add optional items – pomegranate seeds and/or coconut bacon
These are delicious and have a sweet glaze to them; making them a big favorite – even when it’s not Thanksgiving!